Thursday 31 January 2013

Day #24 - January 31

Today's entry is a little different -- I just watched SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, and I have to say that I loved the movie not only because it was so incredibly well-done but because Sammy would have loved it, too.  All of the Eagles references, the game scene, and the awesome come-back by Jennifer Lawrence's character detailing the wins for both the Eagles and Phillies -- I laughed and cried and had a huge meltdown when the movie ended. If you want to see a movie that makes you remember our Sammy, go see this one.  Seriously.  


And in honor of David O. Russell, who produced and directed SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, here is Sam's review of I HEART HUCKABEES, also directed by Russell and worked on by Sam as part of Rudin Productions.

I HEART HUCKABEES – "How am I not myself?"
So what if it ends up being about nothing?  Can a combination of small, brilliant moments amount to an enjoyable experience? Absolutely.  Why do I keep asking myself questions and then answering
them?  I don't know.  All I know is this, Mark Wahlberg's name is Tommy Corn.  Geckos.  Fuckabees.  Dixie Chicks.  The Shania story. Human drama.  Caterine Vauban's business card.  Petroleum.  Jessica Lange.  My infinite nature.  Tippi Hedren cursing.  Albert with his
mother.  This is Paris and here's a cheeseburger.  And what about the little cracks between those little particles?

SCENE TO REMEMBER: Every time Bernard (Dustin Hoffman) and Vivian
(Lily Tomlin) part ways, they give each other a passionate,
open-mouthed kiss.

Mom's note: Because Sam worked on this movie and told us how much he loved it, Frank and I actually went to see it in a movie theater, where we proceeded to laugh so hard that people were looking at us...really. 





No comments:

Post a Comment