Monday 28 January 2013

Day #27 - January 28

SAM ON HAVING A "MOVIE MOM"...

An email conversation among Sam's tracking group about some movies that I happen to know about -- personally:
SM: MANNEQUIN is one of my favorite movies.
SAM: My mother was an extra in MANNEQUIN.  But she didn't make the final cut.  Sniff, sniff.
SM: Are you serious??? That is the coolest thing I have ever heard! Did she say it was a fun set? Did they play "Mannequin" games?
SAM: She likes to talk more about TRADING  PLACES and DEAD POETS SOCIETY. With those, she appears onscreen, but only with  DEAD POETS do you see her face (she was Meeks' mother, she sits with him in the opening scene).  She always has good things to say about Peter Weir and John Landis.  Michael Gottlieb has never been brought up. But they TOTALLY remember her.
AS: Can we have Sam's mom as a guest speaker for our next get-together? [Note: Was supposed to be a bowling night]
SAM: Well. She used to bowl. In a league. [Poorly at best, I must add.]
SM: I just read this for some reason...you are Hollywood royalty!!! Is that how you got into the Ben & Jerry's short films business? [Note: Sam did a fake ad as Ben in the Northwestern sketch comedy TV show]
SAM: Unfortunately, I had to sleep with the guy who played Jerry.
           Actually, fortunately.

23 years ago...3 gingers in a row. That's why I got the part.

Mom's note: Besides the fact that Sam actually referred to me in a "business" email, I love this one because you really get a sense of Sam's sense of humor.




No comments:

Post a Comment