Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day #39 - January 16

SAM ON A SEMI-BIOPIC MOVIE ABOUT  THE AUTHOR OF HIS FATHER'S FAVORITE BOOK ASSOCIATED WITH A SYNDROME

FINDING NEVERLAND – Johnny Depp writes in his book.  He meets kids and
they imagine things.  He writes in his book.  He sees the kids again
and they imagine things.  He writes in his book again.  Kate Winslet
coughs.  He meets the kids and they imagine things.  He writes in his
book.  Kate Winslet coughs some more.  He meets the kids and they
imagine things.  Kate Winslet is on her death bed.  The play which was
based on the kids' imaginations is a success.   Kate Winslet dies.  He
writes in his book.  I hated this manipulative movie that white-washed
a possible pedophile.  Sure it makes everyone cry.  That's what
manipulative movies tend to do.

Insert snarky Sammy comment


 Mom's note: I totally disagree with this review because I loved this movie -- but then again, every once in a while, I like being manipulated, just NOT by any movie based on a Nicholas Sparks novel...

Teacher mom's note: Yesterday I read Sam's bagel rating entry to my 10th grade classes.  Today we were watching Act III of  A Doll's House by Ibsen, and when Torvald (Anthony Hopkins) said, "For a man, there is something immensely reassuring and pleasurable in the knowledge that he has forgiven his wife--forgiven her sincerely, and with all his heart. It seems as if somehow she becomes doubly his possession," one of my girls said, "If I had a bagel, I'd throw it at the screen!"   TOTALLY made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment