Monday 14 January 2013

Day #41 - January 14

SAM ON QUENTIN TARANTINO CIRCA 2003

****Last night was the Golden Globes, the first big award show of the season.  Quentin Tarantino won for best screenplay for DJANGO UNCHAINED, so I thought it was only fitting to include a Tarantino reference.

KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 – This movie is the definition of self-indulgence.  If you don’t know what that means when it comes to movies, it means this: as you watch the movie, you can hear the director say to himself, “I’m so great.  I’m so great.  I’m really great.”  It really frustrates me that filmmakers who get carte blanche for their movies end up producing self-indulgent crap.  And I haven’t evenstarted on the fact that it’s one movie split in two.  I won’t bother.





Mom's note:  Sam used to be OBSESSED with this man: Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Pulp Fiction...all posters in his bedroom.  But then came... Jackie Brown.  And then this one....








No comments:

Post a Comment