Sunday 20 January 2013

Day #35 - January 20

SAM ON GOING TO THE GROVE, AN ULTRA-COOL OUTDOOR MALL/FARMERS MARKET/MULTIPLEX IN LOS ANGELES

I'm going to the Grove to watch the perfect storm that will be:
-the HAIRSPRAY crowd (gay guys)
-the CHUCK AND LARRY crowd (homophobic guys)
-the Harry Potter super fans partying at Barnes & Noble
-the Nordstrom shoppers on the first day of the anniversary sale


This will be like the Five Army battle at the end of The Hobbit (I'm a dork).  My money is on the HAIRSPRAY crowd. 




Mom's note: Sam and I went to movies at the Grove on numerous occasions - the last time I visited him, we also bought an awesome coffee table at Crate and Barrel.  On Bob and my annual visit/pilgrimage to LA and environs, we usually spend Friday afternoon seeing a movie and having dinner at the Grove.  His girlfriend Rhiannon's memorial service was held in one of the movie theaters there.

No comments:

Post a Comment