Friday 8 February 2013

Day #16 - February 8

SAM ON A MOVIE ABOUT FEMALE EMPOWERMENT -- JUST ONE OF THE REASONS I MISS HIM SO MUCH...

WHALE RIDER – I apologize to this movie for not having a quote.

My mother, an English teacher, wants to add this movie to her students’ curriculum. That’s all I need to say. There are a couple of scenes in this movie where I was all out bawling. It sort of upset the theatre management. They almost kicked me out, but at the last minute, finally relented. Because they started bawling too. By the way, of these top 8 movies, I have cried at seven of them. Guess which one I didn’t cry at…

SCENE TO REMEMBER: When Pai gives her speech at school.


Mom's note: I visited Sam annually in August, but he could only take one day off, so I would spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with him and then fly home on Monday.  The year this movie came out, I had booked a flight later in the day on Monday, so to kill some time I went to see this movie by myself in the Westside Pavilion movie theater (which was right across the street from Sam's duplex).  And I sobbed and sobbed -- didn't know until this review came out the next year that Sam had had the same experience,  although they didn't threaten to kick me out of the theater.  Might have been because there were maybe 2 other people there....



No comments:

Post a Comment