Sunday 3 February 2013

Day #21 - February 3

SAM ON FALLEN IDOLS (FROM THE TRACKING GROUP EMAILS)

SAM: I don't like Gaghan (Stephen Gaghan, writer and director of SYRIANA; writer of TRAFFIC).
Especially after SYRIANA. That movie felt like the cool kids read a magazine article and decided to make a movie.  
SM:  Exactly.  I like him even less when I saw him in the coffee bean on the Lot last week and he had one of those big  LL Bean canvas bags with his initials monogrammed in them.  I mean really? Who does he think he is?
SAM: Hahaha...
At one of those screenwriting panels, I once got Aaron Sorkin to sign a copy of the first five scripts of the West Wing for my mother, and while signing, he complimented Stephen Gaghan, sitting next to him, on the realism of the free-basing scenes in Traffic.  My innocence took a hit there.  Thanks, Aaron!

That's all I got. 





Even though he's a "fallen idol," it's still pretty cool to have an autographed book from Aaron Sorkin...

No comments:

Post a Comment