Thursday 14 February 2013

Day #9 - February 15

SAM ON A TOTAL CHARACTER PIECE...

LOST IN TRANSLATION – "Lip them?"

I’m a Bill Murray fan, but I find that he mugs a little too much in some of his movies, whether with a smirk or a hammy delivery of a line. In this movie, he is not only perfectly cast but also there is absolutely no mugging, no reminder that this is Bill Murray we are watching. But at the same time it is Bill Murray we’re watching. What I’ve said probably makes no sense. Detractors of this movie say that nothing really happens. What I have to say to that is that sometimes it’s not what happens, it’s simply being with these characters that makes the journey enjoyable.

SCENE TO REMEMBER: The last goodbye.





Mom's note:  I'm not a big Bill Murray fan, but I also enjoyed this movie.  It got so much press that I expected to hate it, but I didn't.  This is one of those movies that made Sam shed a tear...

No comments:

Post a Comment