Tuesday 19 February 2013

Day # 5 - February 19

SAM "APOLOGIZING" FOR LIKING A DISNEY/PIXAR PICTURE

THE INCREDIBLES – "NO CAPES!"

Some people are Disney whores.  For most of them, it's a high school thing.  They just looove to go the Disney Store and/or DisneyWorld.  I don't disparage these whores; it's their way to hold onto their
childhood.  I am not a Disney whore.  I was not first in line to see HERCULES or MULAN or even ALADDIN.  Nor am I a Pixar whore.  FINDING NEMO didn't really do it for me.  THE INCREDIBLES did.  It was the only movie this year in which I laughed, cried, and felt afraid.  It
was the only movie where after I saw it, I had to tell everyone I knew to see it.  It was a big popcorn movie that didn't treat its audience like they were morons.  Awe and wonder, great storytelling, and
thoroughly enjoyable characters.

SCENE TO REMEMBER: When Violet finally masters her talent to create force fields.


Mom's note: Yet another movie that I probably wouldn't have watched if not for Sam's recommendation.  And he did take me to that Disney place in Orange County that's like a town version of a Disney store! And did I mention that he worked in the original Animation building on the lot at Disney Studios in Burbank?  Methinks he protested too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment