Wednesday 20 February 2013

Day #4 - February 20

SAM ON "COOL HOLLYWOOD" THINGS HE'S DONE (IN RESPONSE TO A 2005 EMAIL FROM ME)

As for "cool Hollywood" things that I've done that I don't really care about anymore (it's called L.A. Blasé):  I went to the CONSTANTINE premiere and I also went to the MILLION DOLLAR BABY post-Academy Awards party.  The Oscar party was kind of lame because none of the winners were there.  Of course, I was told later that I left 10 minutes after Clint Eastwood had shown up, but didn't actually see him.  I guess I can say that I was at the same Oscar party at the same time as Clint Eastwood, even if I was unaware of it.  I know this sounds exciting, but the price of giving  up my life for these things rings hollow.  I'd rather be a film critic.


Mom's note:  Sam was always complaining about his work load and lack of time for a real life -- I know it was hard for him to have one day during the week for himself.  He worked at least 10 hours/day during the week, took Saturday off, and spent Sunday reading, summarizing, and notating scripts.  He would talk about how he should have become an accountant or something, but we all knew that he really loved films and would put up with a lot to be in the film business.  


No comments:

Post a Comment