Sunday 17 February 2013

Day #7 - February 17

MORE RANDOM SAM REVIEWS FROM 2005
Only a week left until the Oscars are announced! 

RED EYE – This movie had the worst trailer I've ever seen (the rest of the screen wipes to black as we hone in on Cillian Murphy's eye which turns red!), which lowered my expectations for the movie and thus I quite enjoyed it.  Also, while at the urinal after seeing this movie, I overheard two strangers talk about how they really liked the movie to each other.  If you know urinal etiquette, you don't talk to strangers.  These guys really started breaking it down.  And they weren't gay.  I have no idea why I brought this up either.
Mom's note: Surprised Sam didn't say anything about Rachel McAdams, the new it girl, at least for weepy Nicholas Sparks movies.  I have taken a red eye or two, and the movie trailer is kind of what happens to my eyes by the end of the flight....
 


REVENGE OF THE SITH – It says a lot about a movie when the only effective part of the movie involves characters from a movie that was released almost thirty years ago.  That said, me likey.
Mom's note: Sam loved the first three episodes of STAR WARS; the second three, not as much.  But boy was he mad at me when he found out that I gave Frank's Star Wars toys to the Salvation Army - mind you, he NEVER wanted to play with them when he had the chance, and this was years later!  So when the Transformers people created a transformer Millennium Falcon (the toy Sam was most upset about my giving away), I bought it for him -- in 2005.  He promptly displayed it, UNOPENED, in his office.  We brought it back with us in 2007, and just last month, Steve Bassman's nephew, who is as obsessed with Star Wars as Sam was, got it as a Christmas present.  Steve's mom had put out a call via Facebook for a vintage Falcon; I told her I had a transformer; we met for dinner; and the rest is history.  Only fitting that it should go to a family member of one of Sam's good high school and college friends.
 
SIN CITY – I hate Robert Rodriguez.  But when you have seven dudes castrated over the course of a movie and one of the dudes is completely yellow, you get a thumbs up in my book.


Mom's note:  just had to include this one so that I could channel Sam and say ---- About this one, I got nothing...











 

No comments:

Post a Comment